PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Inbound Belgium no free roaming on globalsimcard and travelsim - 10-08-2009, 12:55

When doing my ekit article I had a look at rates.

I have a sim from globalsimcard.co.uk and travelsim.co.uk and as I am in Belgium a lot I always look at that country.

To my surpise both are now charging for inbound call into Belgium. This means that Belgium seems to be the only EU country where inbound calls are being charged !

Besides the fair use both have in place now this makes there sims a less good offer if you visit Belgium a lot.

Also looked at some other providers and belgium still seems to be roaming free there.

Old
  (#2)
MobileMan (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 10-08-2009, 22:07

I also travel to Belgium often and was disappointed to see Easyroam / Travelsim charging for incoming here. Some other EU countries also removed as free roaming by travelsim are Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark & Romania. I have just ordered an Ekit Sim.

Old
  (#3)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-08-2009, 08:40

Logged into the backend and saw that on my case around 17 jul they started to charge for these calls.

Voicetrading sents me an update every month on their new call rates. As these seen to change a lot it's good to have them as you can see what has changed.

Looking back now I really would have liked to see travelsim.co.uk and globalsim.co.uk to have sent out emails to their customers so they can take notice of these changes.

I don't check their rates daily or even weekly and the same applies to their terms. Under dutch law and I don't know if this applies to UK law, changes in terms (for private users) are only valid if they are notified about them.

As MobileMan said there are more changes and the least both could have done is inform their customers of these major rate en term changes. Not doing this is a big negative for both companies in my opinion.

Old
  (#4)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-08-2009, 11:53

I really would have expected some of the supplier mentioned to give an explantion on this.

Seems like they can advertise their service here and promote it but they fail to comment on changes that are not good for the user.

So I am still waiting why Belgium is kicked out of the free countries.

Old
  (#5)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 22-08-2009, 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
I really would have expected some of the supplier mentioned to give an explantion on this.

Seems like they can advertise their service here and promote it but they fail to comment on changes that are not good for the user.

So I am still waiting why Belgium is kicked out of the free countries.
Most probable because Belgium incoming charges were high for the providers and they could not afford to have it on the free incoming list

Old
  (#6)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-08-2009, 15:49

prion, could be the case but why does this seem to be the only eu country that has no free incoming, all others, dutch, german, france, spain greece still have free incoming.

I would expect a card like this to have free incoming in the EU zone.

Old
  (#7)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 22-08-2009, 16:19

I think Bulgaria is a similar case also or worse than Belgium

Last edited by prion; 22-08-2009 at 16:37..

Old
  (#8)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-08-2009, 15:09

Seems like it's getting worse and worse, less destinations that have free incoming that said ekit still has free incoming in Beglium, the above 2 not.

looks like slowly they are cutting back on free incoming.

Old
  (#9)
netterchef (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 23-08-2009, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
Seems like it's getting worse and worse, less destinations that have free incoming that said ekit still has free incoming in Beglium, the above 2 not.

looks like slowly they are cutting back on free incoming.
Globalsim.net has free incoming in Belgium also.