PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Scrumhalf (Offline)

Default Best prepaid SIM option for Czech Republic (voice) - 16-09-2009, 01:06

I am going to be spending a week in the Czech Republic (in Prague) and I am looking for a prepaid SIM to mostly field incoming calls and the occasional outgoing call. Data is not necessary. This is mostly for my family to reach me in case of urgent need.

I researched this a bit and I realize that I basically have 3 options - TMobile, Vodafone and O2. What is my best option between these three? I might make 1 trip to Poland for a couple of days - do any of these items have reasonable roaming agreements with a Polish operator?

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 16-09-2009, 09:40

I think any of the 3 is the same, they have quite similar offers. Probably Vodafone should be still a bit cheaper to buy (200CZK, 12$). In Poland you'll spend exactly the same with all 3 operators because of the Eurotariff.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-09-2009, 18:50

If you want data as well. Get O2. They still have promotion. Now only 1 month data for free. As them to activate you"Internet v Mobilu". Work in cellphone as well as with data modem. HSDPA available in major cities

Old
  (#4)
Scrumhalf (Offline)

Default 16-09-2009, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by meir View Post
If you want data as well. Get O2. They still have promotion. Now only 1 month data for free. As them to activate you"Internet v Mobilu". Work in cellphone as well as with data modem. HSDPA available in major cities
Thanks for the inputs, Meir and Effendi!!

Meir, how much does the "Internet v Mobilu" choice cost? I realize the 1 month data is free but does the starter pack costs significantly more than the CZK 200 that the Vodafone option costs?

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 18-09-2009, 09:18

meir aren't there any news from CZ? You still have no MVNOs and very little "price war" among the 3 competitors... i still miss the good old times when Vodafone was Oskar...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim