PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-08-2010, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlips1 View Post
And something else: Tchibo is not recommanded for data, because you have to us their APN "webmobil1". At all other o2-de-(re)-sellers it does not matter, what you are using.
So you don't recommend Tchibo because you have to set a correct APN while with other O2 resellers you save those 45 seconds for setting a correct APN???

Quote:
And: My expirience has been, that after the daily disconnection it does not reconnect automatically.
Isn't it your device that should reconnect? What soft- and hardware are you using? I don't think Tchibo is to blame for that.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#2)
Schlips1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 25-08-2010, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
So you don't recommend Tchibo because you have to set a correct APN while with other O2 resellers you save those 45 seconds for setting a correct APN???

Isn't it your device that should reconnect? What soft- and hardware are you using? I don't think Tchibo is to blame for that.
There are two things:
If you mistype the APN you get a "connection" with all outgoing traffic working.
O2 is disconnecting once a day your high-speed connection, see the footnotes on the original o2 pages "O2 behält sich vor, nach 24 Stunden jeweils eine automatische Trennung der Verbindung durchzuführen." I tried several Huawei sticks (E167, E1550) and they failed to automatically reconnect with Tchibo...

Old
  (#3)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-08-2010, 00:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlips1 View Post
There are two things:
If you mistype the APN you get a "connection" with all outgoing traffic working.
So the problem is that there's outgoing but no incoming traffic which may confuse users who have mistyped the APN? Or is traffic over a wrong APN billed separately from your data flatrate?

Quote:
O2 is disconnecting once a day your high-speed connection, see the footnotes on the original o2 pages "O2 behält sich vor, nach 24 Stunden jeweils eine automatische Trennung der Verbindung durchzuführen." I tried several Huawei sticks (E167, E1550) and they failed to automatically reconnect with Tchibo...
But you can disconnect and reconnect manually once a day, can't you? Most people use Tchibo on laptops that switch to stand-by mode at least once a day interrupting the data connection anyway. I think few people will take this as a problem.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Tags
tchibo