PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Lobby (Offline)

Default 17-06-2009, 17:29

I see that the Option Internet Max now says that email (POP3 etc.) is no longer available. However there is an option "mail illimite" available for €9 per month which gives unlimited email access.

I presume both can be bought together and used that way?

mail option:

http://www.orange.fr/bin/frame.cgi?u...s/options.html

Last edited by Lobby; 17-06-2009 at 17:31.. Reason: Typo and added link

Old
  (#2)
wisniak (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-06-2009, 05:52

Well, I just got home from a week in Paris.

In the 2nd day there I found an Orange shop (seems that there're aren't that many around, at least not in the areas I visited), and I purchased a SIM card (it cost 15EUR) and an 25EUR refill card.

Initially the guy didn't know what I was talking about (regardind a pre-paid SIM), but after I showed him a printout from this site and some of the "internet max" option, he finally got it.

He also proposed purchasing a 3G/EDGE USB plug (like a disk-on-key), which could also be refilled, but I explained I need it for my PDA, so this option wasn;t applicable for me.

In any case, for some reason or other they weren't able to turn on the internet max option in that occasion, so I went on using the refill card, hoping that it would hold for a couple of days.
Sadly, the credit was eaten up pretty quickly.

I tried setting up the internet max option by myself, using the (free) SMS menu system that Orange uses in France, but wasn't able to.
So I then called (at a charge of 0.37EUR/min) the Orange support, but they told me that I needed to go to an Orange store to turn on the Internet max option, and then it'd take at least 2 days for it to be useable (she didn't explain why). And since I had only 2 days left, I gave up on it and purchased another refill card.

I can report that reception is pretty good in all the areas I visited (which is most of the tourist areas in Paris).

Further, there are quire a few free Wifi hotspots, so I used them whenever I could.

I wanted to thank all the members here who helped me prior to my visit to France.

Old
  (#3)
kevinn (Offline)

Default Orangr France Internet settings: orange, orange, orange - 25-07-2009, 06:19

Before I purchased Internet Max, I wanted to make sure I could use the internet at all... Didn't work automatically, so I tried orange.fr as access point as mentioned earlier; no go. Searched on web and found following:

MXit Forum • View topic - APN (Access Point Name) Settings

Basically, for Orange personal, access point is just "orange". Web site says orange for username and password as well; that worked for me.

Happy surfing all!

Tags
france, internet data, mobicarte, orange france