PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
international (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Ukraine prepaid flat rate SIM - 06-05-2012, 02:51

Which Ukrainian provides has best flat rate in prepaid? How much the card cost and how much is usable of the balance?

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
Frank_Costello (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-06-2012, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by international View Post
Which Ukrainian provides has best flat rate in prepaid? How much the card cost and how much is usable of the balance?

Thanks!

«Free life» tariff plan ‹ Tariffs ‹ Individual life

0,00 EUR (inside Life 063, 093)
0,04 EUR (all other mobile phones)
no setup fee

Last edited by Frank_Costello; 03-06-2012 at 09:31..

Old
  (#3)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-06-2012, 09:56

Which Ukrainian network has the best data speeds, coverage and micro-SIM cards for prepaid customers? Is it Kyivstar? It seems they charge UAH 1.00 for 50MB per day, which is a very good deal for a short-term visitor. How much are their micro-SIM cards and how much credit does the purchase price include? The information at PrePaidGSM: Ukraine looks out of date.

Old
  (#4)
Frank_Costello (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-06-2012, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFH View Post
Which Ukrainian network has the best data speeds , coverage and micro-SIM cards for prepaid customers? Is it Kyivstar? It seems they charge UAH 1.00 for 50MB per day, which is a very good deal for a short-term visitor. How much are their micro-SIM cards and how much credit does the purchase price include? The information at PrePaidGSM: Ukraine looks out of date
The best data speeds offer 3G network TryMob, known also as Utel, former part of Ukrtelecom. ÒðèÌîá - Ìîá³ëüÃ*èé ²Ã*òåðÃ*åò áåç äîãîâîðóIt is only 3G WCDMA 2100 MHz in Ukraine.

Another 3G networks provide data and voice in CDMA2000 800 MHz - PeopleNet (incl. Newtone), Intertelecom, CDMAua, and 450 MHz - MTS (data only).

All GSM/WCDMA providers can change your sim for microsim card in their customer service offices or sometimes you can find new microsim start-packages in retail shops.

If you prefer 3G internet, TryMob offers next prepaid tariffs.

1. OGO!Mobilny start
fee 30 UAH/month
package includes 550 Mb 3G internet

2. OGO!Mobilny lehkyy
fee 60 UAH/month
1536 Mb (incl. 350 Mb you can use in 2G roaming Kyivstar)

3. OGO!Mobilny standart
fee 120 UAH/month
8192 Mb (incl. 5120 Mb you can use in 2G roaming Kyivstar)

4. U'try
no monthly fee
Mb not included
free calls and videocalls inside network after top-up 30 UAH or more every month.

Monthly fee charges only when you have enough money on account. You can change your tariff any time for free and as much as you want. Also all calls and videocalls inside TryMob are free (when using internet packages).
Tariffs after using packeges:
3G internet 1 Mb - 0,10 UAH
2G internet 1 Mb (Kyivstar roaming) - 0,40 UAH

Kyivstar (2G)
It offers one of the most expensive tariffs for internet in Ukraine. In all tariffs it costs 1,00 - 6,00 UAH per Mb.
But Kyivstar offers service "Internet without limits".
Fee 1 UAH/day
incl. 50 Mb (usual speed for GPRS/EDGE)
after using this limit you get really very slow internet (up to 64 Kbit/s).
Internet without limits

Life (2G)
Tariff plan «life crazy day» ‹ Tariffs ‹ Individual life
Fee 1,19 UAH/day
you get 40 Mb internet, 40 sms within Ukraine, 400 min call inside Life per day. You can double day internet for 0,80 UAH.

Another tariff with 0,10 UAH/Mb Tariff plan life online ‹ Tariffs ‹ Individual life

MTS (2G)

MTS Ukraine - MTS Prepaid
Tariff "Max Energy"
Fee 1,20 UAH/day
incl. 1500 Mb/month
After using monthly package you pay 7,00 UAH/Mb

Old
  (#5)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-06-2012, 22:57

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. It's extraordinary that there's only one 3G network, and susprising that both of the big Russian networks in Ukraine, MTS and Beeline, are 2G-only. When I saw only one 3G network listed at PrePaidGSM: Ukraine I assumed incorrectly that the page was out of date. How much does ÒðèÌîá charge for a prepaid micro-SIM before buying any service, and what is their expiry policy?

Old
  (#6)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-06-2012, 00:43

Quote:
How much does TryMob charge for a prepaid micro-SIM before buying any service
According to their site it costs 30 UAH with 550MB and 5 UAH credit included.

Quote:
and what is their expiry policy?
The sim card is valid 365 days from last recharge of 100 UAH and more, or 270 days from last recharge less than 100 UAH.

Most of the information I know from Frank_Costello who was kind enough to explain it all to me

By the way, I think Kievstar offers national roaming on the TryMob network. At least I have used a Kievstar prepaid last time when I was in Ukraine (summer 2011 in Odessa) and for sure I had a 3G signal.

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#7)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-06-2012, 08:19

Are you sure that Kyivstar doesn't provide 3G? Kyivstar's web site suggests that they do. Perhaps it is provided by a roaming agreement with ТриМоб. What is Kyivstar's expiry policy? Is it 1 year from the last call as stated at PrePaidGSM: Ukraine? I avoid networks that require periodic top-ups.

Old
  (#8)
Frank_Costello (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 25-06-2012, 21:09

Quote:
It's extraordinary that there's only one 3G network, and susprising that both of the big Russian networks in Ukraine, MTS and Beeline, are 2G-only.
This situation is because of very expensive licenses for 3G.
(Beeline-Ukraine hasn't own 2G network since last year, it was united as a part of Kyivstar.)

Quote:
How much does TriMob charge for a prepaid micro-SIM before buying any service, and what is their expiry policy?
After purchasing of the start-package you can get microsim in customer service offices, it costs 20 UAH.

But most of users here just cut it in small private repair shops of mobile phones, "radio markets" or do it at home. How To Cut Sim & Make a Micro Sim Card For iPhone 4S/4 & iPad 3G 1/2/3 - YouTube

Last edited by Frank_Costello; 25-06-2012 at 21:14..

Old
  (#9)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-06-2012, 21:37

Thanks for all the information, Frank Costello. It seems that Ukraine is much less straightforward for SIM cards than one would expect. I suppose 4G/LTE is out of the question, given the shortage of 3G networks?

Old
  (#10)
Frank_Costello (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-07-2012, 21:21

Quote:
ТриМоб ... micro-SIM