PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#151)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-02-2010, 07:46

I just remember to everyone that it's FORBIDDEN to use 2 accounts on this forum and totaly useless to start a fake dialogue between the two. We see all ip numbers of the users and we are not stupid. So let's all behave in a more clever way...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#152)
DLCPhoto (Offline)

Default 10-02-2010, 17:43

For what it's worth, I just received an email from an "Aaron" at Celtrek/Global Roaming:

Quote:
Thank you for calling on CelTrek.

We are experiencing technical issues from our service provider.

Global Roaming is actively working to regain stability and become fully operational, as soon as possible.

Please direct all inquires to "email address" we will get back to you shortly.

We understand this causes great inconveniences,
Ironically, about an hour prior, I ordered a SIM from Ekit's Ebay site....

Old
  (#153)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 10-02-2010, 19:06

I got the same email this morning. I too ordered a SIM from Ekit's Ebay site on Monday. I decided even if Celtrek comes back up i would keep both.

It would be nice if they would give more information.

Old
  (#154)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-02-2010, 03:17

When I saw the rumored link between GR/Celtrek and Maxroam/Cubic posted(certainly logical because both use BE), I decided to try my Maxroam card that only had a very small balance on it (guessing 6 or 7 euro left). While it registered on AT&T USA, the balance check just came back with a zero euro balance. Was going to use up the rest of my balance on an upcoming trip but I guess that decision is made for me. Have plenty of other communication options.

Getting real tired of dead callback sim cards though. I've gone through travelfone, yackie, maxroam, um/riiing and um+. Really hoping the ekit simple calling card I got over ebay lasts longer....sixth time is a charm?

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#155)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 11-02-2010, 05:47

It has been stated that Maxroam is not affected. I bet there is something else going on with your Maxroam sim.

Old
  (#156)
123456 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Sorry ... - 11-02-2010, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
The information you found is out of date. The share exchange deal was rescissed about a year ago.
You're right. I also found it: Telecom firm Cubic shelves share listing plan in US

Old
  (#157)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-02-2010, 10:01

GadgetKen is correct. I had a couple of euros or so left on mine. I just checked my balance and it came back as zero. May be they did some kind of update that wiped out the balances on some sim cards. I will not waste my time contacting them. My plan was to just use up whatever little I had left on it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
It has been stated that Maxroam is not affected. I bet there is something else going on with your Maxroam sim.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#158)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-02-2010, 14:33

I'm guessing MaxRoam wiped out balances on sim cards that were inactive for a while and/or had low balances. Agree not worth pursuing for a few Euro on a card that I was going to get rid of anyway...while customer service was good, the alternate dialing procedure was cumbersome, online account access was difficult, and the MaxRoam rate calculator was frequently down. The ekit Simple Calling card seems a more polished solution for my needs; I'll see how it works out.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#159)
NiamhMAXroam (Offline)

Default 11-02-2010, 15:55

@bossman @gadgetken
Hi There
I am Niamh (head of customer service at MAXroam)
you should have no issue with your sim card and I apologise for any problems.
Could you drop me an email Niamh at maxroam dot com and I will immeaditly fix for you

Old
  (#160)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-02-2010, 20:22

I don't want to fuel the fire, but I do like to share my story too We ordered two Nexus One phones from Celtrek, one for myself, one for my Dad. Mine arrived about a week later, but my Dad's is still not sent. I contacted them a few times using their online support chat, and last week Wednesday the person informed me it would be shipped on Friday.

Friday came and went, today is Thursday almost a week further, and they have been offline since. I for one am worried, and just opened a dispute with Paypal.

I really hope things will turn out well......... we're talking about $650 investment here