PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-03-2015, 16:56

Ken -
TM is making a big push to expand coverage in many areas in U.S. in 2015. Note that with Harbor Mobile you get the intl text and data - but do NOT get the 20¢/min calling. I don't know if you get the wifi (free calling to U.S.) calling.
TM really pays if you have multiple lines on an account. First line is $50, 2nd is $30, 3rd-5th $10. (I think lines 6-10 might be $20)

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#2)
squawk1200 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 14-03-2015, 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Note that with Harbor Mobile you get the intl text and data - but do NOT get the 20¢/min calling. I don't know if you get the wifi (free calling to U.S.) calling.
Harbor Mobile does claim to provide the $.20 per minute calling... It just requires a $25 deposit. They suggest that you use WiFi calling but it is not clear if this is the T-Mobile voice over WiFi product...

Snipet from their site FAQ:

However calls made over CELLULAR while roaming outside the USA, although it will work, IS NOT covered under our plan. If cellular voice is used, you will be charged .20/min as well as a one time access fee of $25 for each month that there is voice roaming usage. In short, DON'T use voice roaming. We will take a $25 deposit in advance (upon your confirmation to activate intl usage) and return the deposit upon 0 usage during your trip. We will charge this to the card you have on file.

If you don't travel much the $25 is not bad. As already stated, being an actual T-Mobile customer gets you around this complication...

Last edited by squawk1200; 14-03-2015 at 01:50..

Tags
ekit