PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default BELGIAN OPERATOR MOBILEVIKINGS OFFERS 0.15eur./MB WITHIN EU COUNTRIES - 13-07-2013, 10:48

Mobile Vikings Blog
"First of all, we would like to let you know that the EU data roaming tariffs have been lowered! We attacked the roaming tariffs because your feedback is important to us. So from now on, you only pay € 0,15/MB instead of € 0,50/MB in the EU. Yes, data roaming at ease it is! And the best has yet to come. It’s permanent! Going on a citytrip next year? You can count on the lowered data roaming tariff!"

pricelist: https://mobilevikings.com/bel/en/offer/price-plans/

Old
  (#2)
gkeeper (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-07-2013, 00:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
Mobile Vikings Blog
"First of all, we would like to let you know that the EU data roaming tariffs have been lowered! We attacked the roaming tariffs because your feedback is important to us. So from now on, you only pay € 0,15/MB instead of € 0,50/MB in the EU. Yes, data roaming at ease it is! And the best has yet to come. It’s permanent! Going on a citytrip next year? You can count on the lowered data roaming tariff!"

pricelist: https://mobilevikings.com/bel/en/offer/price-plans/
thanks for info, i have been looking at there web site, it tells you which networks data is not available on but i cannot see what network it is available on or am i missing something. Any info would be most appreciated.

Old
  (#3)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-07-2013, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
thanks for info, i have been looking at there web site, it tells you which networks data is not available on but i cannot see what network it is available on or am i missing something. Any info would be most appreciated.
It's on Base in Belgium, part of KPN, so will depend on its roaming arrangements. Or maybe in Europe the list is further restricted to networks where they've been able to negotiate to support this 15c price.

Old
  (#4)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-07-2013, 12:34

@andy, 0.15c./mb is the cross network tariff-wholesale price-(charged between operators, what an one EU network charge another EU network) so no need for negotiation, they just make no profit, they just earn form the cash flow (they receive from customers now they pay the carriers later). http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedoc...ans/130511.pdf

@gkeeper vikingmobile is a MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) so same networks as Base-Belgium roaming agreements.
i just tried my new vikingsmobile sim in Greece it works as advertised billing 0.15eur./mb... billing incresement is just per 1kb!!
data works on 2 out of the 3 Greek networks pretty well.
great deal for EU data roaming, i set it now as my 1st choice.

Last edited by fsotirop; 14-07-2013 at 12:55..

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-07-2013, 17:48

I don't think the roaming regulations compel them to charge 15 cents wholesale, so they can have cheaper reciprocal arrangements if they wish, and it is starting to look like there is grouping happening.