PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 19-08-2009, 17:03

Has anyone heard from these guys? I emailed a couple days ago and haven't received an answer about how long it takes to receive cards?

Old
  (#22)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default well - 22-08-2009, 03:48

well, I went ahead and ordered this card. their phone service was pretty responsive, I'll give it a go. used a prepay debit card just in case. I have a trip in Jordan, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, russia and greece.

for the .50$ in and out, I'll give it a go and see if it can become my new roaming card of choice.

Old
  (#23)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-08-2009, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer6924 View Post

Also, another novelty, is that if you send them an e-mail with a query, you actually get the e-mail answered & answered quickly, which helped me in the early stages.
I tried the email and contact us options for about two weeks, with NO REPLY at all. Indeed, calling them yielded an operator, but didn't have much of the info I wanted. So, I ordered anyway and will try it for some upcoming trips.

Old
  (#24)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-08-2009, 16:10

So if you know that they don't reply to any of your emails or queries, and you know that they stoop low and somehow feel the need to spam forums like this with dribble and pseudo usernames. You also know that they are just another brand of maxroam (and you just need to do a search through this site to get a general picture of customer dissatisfaction)....

So after all that knowledge, you really must be fairly optimistic to still go ahead and buy from them!!

In any case, good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old
  (#25)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-08-2009, 17:28

spam, psuedo usernames? What does that mean? I've been a user on this forum for nearly four years now, same user name, as across all forums worldwide.?

Old
  (#26)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-08-2009, 15:36

Sorry for the substantial misunderstanding. I wasn't in any way referring to you at all. I was referring to Searoam who feel the need to Spam here with various usernames, as can be seen in the initial posts of this thread.

Sorry if you got the wrong drift Tivoboy. I know you are a genuine user and just a potential customer of theirs. I know you are not spamming for them. Just like anyone else you are attracted by their promises of extremely low and competitive rates. I only hope they can deliver. As I said I wish you luck, and hope it works out with them.

Once again, apologies for any misunderstanding or offence caused.

Old
  (#27)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 25-08-2009, 17:11

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll post back after using the card and what results I get.

Old
  (#28)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-08-2009, 17:06

Well, the good news is that the card arrived quite quickly. I ordered on a Friday afternoon here, which was indeed Saturday in Ireland. It seems to have shipped on Monday, and it arrived on Friday in CA. So, par for the course for transatlantic shipping. I just ordered with the normal shipping.

The current hickup is, that the card isn't working probably because there is no balance on the card - which was to be included in the purchase price. So, calls to Searoam (they DO seem to have a 24/7 person on the other end of the line, but they may not be able to address issues.) have been made and emails, and I guess I am now in a holding pattern to hear WHEN they are going to put the initial 20$ credit on the card so I can at least TEST it out. I am leaving on a trip in a few days, was hoping to be able to use this card while abroad.

Second hickup seems to be, at least for now (I haven't heard back from Searoam customer service yet) that even though the PRICES are quoted in USD$, and the INVOICES are presented in USD$, and the CONFIRMATION is quoted in USD$, and the PAYMENT is apparently made in USD$, the BILL that comes through is some wonky conversion from EURO to USD$, so there is going to be a premium based on exchange rate and also and FOREIGN CURRENCY CHARGES which your credit card company or paypal may bill you. Bummer, hopefully, the .50$, is indeed done in ONE CURRENCY for call billing and not some conversion.

So, what I thought was going to be 44$ (card plus normal shipping) turned out to be 10% MORE based on the factors listed above.

Somewhat rough start at the moment.

Old
  (#29)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-08-2009, 20:01

tivoboy:

I hope this works out for you. I don't see how their "they DO seem to have a 24/7 person on the other end of the line" is not available to correct the problem immediately.

One thing I like about Ekit is their real 24/7 live customer service. Whenever I need call them they answer in less than 3 minutes. And that's whether I am in the US or Europe or even from a cruise ship once.

Old
  (#30)
123456 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-09-2009, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
The current hickup is, that the card isn't working probably because there is no balance on the card - which was to be included in the purchase price.
I guess you did activate your Searoam SIM card on the website?

Tags
maxroam, searoam