PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
bigdoofus (Offline)

Default Buying WIND SIM in Milan - 08-03-2009, 05:59

Greetings. I will be taking a vacation in Italy soon and the website has been very informative in deciding which prepaid SIM to choose. Since I want to use data, it looks like WIND is the best deal. I will be landing in MXP and then going to Milano Centrale. Is there a WIND reseller at either MXP or Milano Centrale? I will be taking another train to Venice shortly after arriving at Milano Centrale so I won't have that much time to wander around Milan looking for a store. I am aware of the codice fiscale issue. Will a WIND branded store care if it was generated online?

Thank You or Grazie to the Italians

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-03-2009, 20:59

Here is a map of Wind shops around the Stazione Centrale of Milan:
Wind - Privati - - Rivenditori

In Venice there are just 2 Wind shops, one is very close to the famous Ponte di Rialto.
BTW there should be also many "no-brand" shops which also sell Wind cards.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
bigdoofus (Offline)

Default 10-03-2009, 08:05

Grazie. Thanks for the information. Another website said there's a special iPhone prepaid Vodafone plan and linked to here. They said it was 3 Euro a week for 150mb? Is this correct?

Promozioni e Novita' - Vodafone

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-03-2009, 10:15

Yeah, it's 3€/week for 150MB, promotionally now for 500MB. But I don't know if you need to buy a Vodafone IT iPhone or if you can simply activate it on any iPhone... I hope the second...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim