PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 17-11-2010, 10:07

FWIW, Vodafone just accepted my German credit card for a top-up. And the PayPal trick described above still works (note that as PP is notorious for freezing accounts, you should only try this with small amounts as a last resort).

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#32)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Wind Finally Caught Up With Me - 08-01-2011, 22:48

Well after 4 years of being able to topup my Wind card from Canada, the website is now refusing to accept any of my credit cards or paypal. Giving saveonroaming.net a try and if it dosen't work I'll let it go. Still 37 euro on the card so will have to use it up before the 17th.

Old
  (#33)
rockjock (Offline)
Official Member

Default 09-01-2011, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
Well after 4 years of being able to topup my Wind card from Canada, the website is now refusing to accept any of my credit cards or paypal. Giving saveonroaming.net a try and if it dosen't work I'll let it go. Still 37 euro on the card so will have to use it up before the 17th.
Isn't wind sold yet? I know it was up for sale but could that be the reason why?

Old
  (#34)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-01-2011, 18:32

Sold or merged with a Russian company. I don't know if it's gone through yet. Shouldn't make a difference but.... When we are in Italy this year I will pick up a debit card from our bank in Pescara. That should solve the problem.

Old
  (#35)
Schlips1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-01-2011, 22:30

Hello,
is the problem, because they use the "Verified by Visa e MasterCard SecureCode", you do not have with your credit cards or do they accept no foreign Credit Cards (like 3 UK)?

Old
  (#36)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-01-2011, 22:58

They don't exactly say but I think it's the same as TIM, no non Italian credit cards. I had the same trouble with Vodafone UK but Nomi UK still accepts my Canadian credit cards. I topped up with Wind Italy one year ago with no trouble. The Wind site accepts interact cards so when we go this summer I'll visit our bank in Pescara and get a card.

Old
  (#37)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-01-2011, 23:01

I have verified by Visa and it comes up on the site but after everything is entered they say they can't accept it and make other arrangements for payment. If it wasn't for the fact I've got 37 euros on it I wouldn't worry. I got this one for free including 5 euro of credit a couple of years ago.

Old
  (#38)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-01-2011, 08:47

And if you use PayPal which error does it give?

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#39)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Error - 10-01-2011, 15:23

No matter if I try credit cards or Paypal I get "La richiesta di ricarica non e stata accettata" I paid saveonroaming 15 euro by paypal, no trouble, but they haven't added it to my Wind number yet. The Wind website also allows to pay from a Unicredit bank account but we haven't got an interact card from them. I'll get one next time we are in Italy.

Old
  (#40)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 10-01-2011, 16:49

Saveonroaming was able to add 10 euro. I'am good for another 12 months!