PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
enfield (Offline)

Default 01-09-2010, 15:04

Thank you inquisitor. You are right - as usual based on what I have read in your posts.

Lidl-Mobile have a contract with Fonic. One gets the Euro 40 cap with Lidl-Mobile but no data options.

It's a shame I got the wrong SIM card. I wanted to have an activated SIM card so that I would not have to call the 0800 number to activate - I am not planning on taking my laptop and only take my unlocked iPhone.

Silly question - when I get a top-up card do I call the number as in use the phone or text it? I know that there is a number starting with * and ending with # followed by the top-up card number. So - call or text?

Thanks for being such a wonderful resource inquisitor!!

Old
  (#22)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-09-2010, 19:55

You need to enter those so-called USSD-codes and pick up as if you would call a phone number. Then, however, you won't get connected but a message will appear in your display either returning your current credit or confirming your recharge.

check credit: *101# [pick up]
top up credit: *103*top up code# [pick up]

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#23)
lizzie1955 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-09-2010, 21:53

Enfield, Sounds like you and I dealt with the same eBay seller. He has now updated his listings to show photo of the Lidl card too.

I sent him back the Lidl card and he has already processed my refund.

Old
  (#24)
enfield (Offline)

Default 03-09-2010, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie1955 View Post
Enfield, Sounds like you and I dealt with the same eBay seller. He has now updated his listings to show photo of the Lidl card too.

I sent him back the Lidl card and he has already processed my refund.
Yeah - sounds like it. I am off in a couple of days and hence I will have to pick up at FONIC SIM in Frankfurt. Not a big problem I guess. The tricky part will be calling the 0800 number to activate the card! I don't plan on taking my laptop. I may use the LIDL-MOBILE card to activate my FONIC card on line using my iPhone - I am not bothering to return the LIDL card. I just gave him a poor rating on eBay for sending me the wrong card. When I ordered there was only FONIC as the sole option.

I was looking at the LIDL site and it turns out that they have a 2 for 1 special. I think that is why he decided to got to LIDL to maximize profit

Old
  (#25)
lizzie1955 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-09-2010, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
Same thing has happened to me on eBay. The seller sent me a Lidl SIM card. The interesting part is that the plastic cover says LIDL while the actual SIM card says FONIC on it.....

I have emailed the seller asking for clarification.... I guess I will sent this card back and buy a FONIC SIM on arrival in Frankfurt
Is the actual SIM card (not the plastic cover) blue or yellow? If the card is blue it [U]may[U] actually be a Fonic card. That said, I can't imagine why he would send a Fonic card with a Lidl cover

Old
  (#26)
enfield (Offline)

Default 06-09-2010, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie1955 View Post
Is the actual SIM card (not the plastic cover) blue or yellow? If the card is blue it [U]may[U] actually be a Fonic card. That said, I can't imagine why he would send a Fonic card with a Lidl cover
Here's the pic. Notice FONIC on the SIM card and LIDL on the plastic cover. God only knows!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	59  

Old
  (#27)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-09-2010, 16:13

I think the smallprint next to the chip is rather some technical information and may indicate, that the SIM uses the HLR of Fonic or is issued by Fonic GmbH (GmbH = German limited company).
Lidl is not only technically based on Fonic, but also in legal terms the service is run by Fonic (just check Lidl's imprint: FONIC -- Impressum). "Lidl" is just the brand for the new tariff.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Tags
fonic, germany