PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Leon (Offline)

Post What the heck is FreeM (a new MVNO in Poland) - 02-12-2010, 21:42

I found out that two weeks ago a new Virtual Operator appeared on Polish market.

Two days ago, on the 30th November, 2010, Inmobile company, the owner of CP Telecom operator and FreeM brand has informed that after just one week since test period had begun, almost 13,000 Facebook users from Poland became fans of its profile. Becoming a fan is the 1st step to get a free FreeM simcard that that lets users using popular Social Services such as Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, Wikipedia, Filweb.pl, Nokaut.pl, Eurosport.pl without charge, for watching ads on mobile device's screen.

"Our worldwide pioneer offer has occured interesting for a large number of users, it's been noticed by other operators in Poland and abroad as well", Jakub Ratajczak, the vice CEO of Inmobile, said.

Users of FreeM may use Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, Wikipedia, komunikatorów GaduGadu, FB-czat, Windows Live Messenger i Google Talk (through Nimbuzz) and some other sites without charge.One may use the Internet even if account saldo equals 0,00 PLN. After watching an ad users have possibility of using the Internet, users get free 0,5 MB transfer, which is enough for 30 visits on Facebook. Instant messaging is unlimited. Calls, SMSes and visiting sites that are not listed are paid and cost 0,28 PLN / min and 0,14 PLN / SMS. Transfer or choice of telephone number is being done through the website Strona g?ówna | FreeM. In order to topup one must visit either eShop on the website or buy a Carrefour Mova topup card.

source: pdaclub.pl

In my opinion FreeM is dedicated to young (15-20 y.o.) people, who use social services very often, and like to stay in touch, yet not always have money to buy topup. It's quite similar to 36,6's voice ads practice. I don't think it'll become very popular, especially there already are two brands targetting into youth (Heyah, 36,6) on Polish Market. On the other hand, youth is unpredictable - I'm familiar with it because of my wife's 15 y.o. sister - she and all her friends changed Orange Go into 36,6 during 1 week, it was quite strange for me.

Old
  (#2)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-12-2010, 00:05

Sounds like Netzclub in Germany: www.netzclub.net

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell