PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
CptBill (Offline)

Default 14-02-2011, 12:49

anyone knows if its possible to get a fonic microsim?

Old
  (#12)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 14-02-2011, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBill View Post
anyone knows if its possible to get a fonic microsim?
If you order a new SIM card you get a double-break card which you can use as a regular or micro sim. If you are an existing customer you can order a micro sim at the hotline. This will cost you 10 euro.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#13)
CptBill (Offline)

Default 14-02-2011, 21:52

thanks Chris.
I already have a number but i might get a new one in order to have a micro sim.

If i get a new number from for example media mark, are those double break cards (micro sim)? Or do i have to order a new number?

hmm...from what i can see here https://fonic.chriskeim.com/B2CPorta...&itemno=104142 the SIM-Karte/Micro-SIM is for the internet package and not for the "telefonieren" package?

Old
  (#14)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 15-02-2011, 07:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBill View Post
thanks Chris.
I already have a number but i might get a new one in order to have a micro sim.

If i get a new number from for example media mark, are those double break cards (micro sim)? Or do i have to order a new number?

hmm...from what i can see here https://fonic.chriskeim.com/B2CPorta...&itemno=104142 the SIM-Karte/Micro-SIM is for the internet package and not for the "telefonieren" package?
This is the quote from the official website (www.fonic.de):

"Gibt es bei FONIC auch Micro-SIMs?
FONIC versendet als Telefonie SIM-Karte bei Online-Bestellung ausschließlich Kombi SIMs. Die Kombi SIM hat die Größe einer Standard SIM-Karte, aus der bei Bedarf eine Micro-SIM heraus gebrochen werden kann. Somit ist die FONIC SIM-Karte für alle mobilen Endgeräte (auch z.B. zur Verwendung im iPad oder iPhone 4) verwendbar."

"Are there Mico SIM at Fonic?
Fonic is shipping all telephony SIM cards which are ordered online only as a combi-SIM. It can be used as a regular SIM or after breakout it can be used as a micro sim. So you can use it in any kind of devices, also iPad or iPhone."

I dont know which SIM is in the bundles in the shop, but i guess you can ask the guys if its Micro SIM.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#15)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-02-2011, 12:11

Existing Fonic customers can also request their SIM to be swapped for a MicroSIM (so they can keep their phone number) at a price of € 10.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#16)
lizzie1955 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-04-2011, 14:55

Hi Everyone,

Is there any additional information regarding the lifespan of my Fonic SIM card. Are they still being blocked after 6 months? If so, is there any way to top up and unblock my card before leaving for Germany so I have a working phone when I arrive?

Thanks!

Old
  (#17)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 06-04-2011, 21:32

Hi Lizzie,

Fonic SIMs have unlimited validity since last year or so. This is also valid for SIM cards purchased before validity became unlimited.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#18)
lizzie1955 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-04-2011, 02:23

That's great news! Thank you. If I'm understanding correctly, all I have to do when I get back to Germany is top up as needed and activate the Internet connection. Right?

Old
  (#19)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-04-2011, 09:50

Exactly.

Remember that there are three data tariffs for internet usage:
  • volume-based billing at € 0.24/MB, which is the preactivated standard option
  • daily flat ("Tagesflatrate") for € 2.50/calendar day with a cap at €25/calendar month (basicly internet is for free after the 10th day of usage within a calendar month), which can be activated through customer care (call 80000 or send a message through the contact form on their website)

Alternatively to these you can activate the "Handy-Internet-Paket" for € 9.95 which will give you an internet flatrate valid for 30 days with bandwidth throttling after exceeding a total data volume of 500MB.
To subscribe to the "Handy-Internet-Paket" send a text message with "START HANDYINTERNET" to 36642.
It will be extended automatically for the next 30 days if there's enough balance left. Otherwise it will be disabled and won't be re-enabled automatically if you top up later. If you wish to unsubscribe manually send "STOPP HANDYINTERNET" to 36642.
The "Handy-Internet-Paket" is being activated on top of the two aforementioned data tariffs, so as soon as the "Handy-Internet-Paket" is disabled you'll fall back to one of the tariffs above (depending which you had before).

Old
  (#20)
CptBill (Offline)

Default 07-04-2011, 22:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
"

I dont know which SIM is in the bundles in the shop, but i guess you can ask the guys if its Micro SIM.

Chris
answering my own question, on the bundles available on media markt i found out that all of them were micro sim cards(normal sim cards that u can break and make them micro sim) which is cool! also u could choose ur number (it was written on the back on the package).

Tags
fonic, germany