PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
voyageur (Offline)

Default Easyroam - 24-04-2010, 17:34

Hello. Need to get roaming sim for europe. Any comments on easyroam? Customer service? Call connection? Sms? Thanks

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-04-2010, 17:53

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not a customer of theirs but I think most of your questions might have already been answered earlier on this forum. They are talked about a lot, and their representative is a member here (called easyroam: see PrePaidGSM.net Forum - View Profile: easyroam-)

Click on search in the top menu, and then type "easyroam"!

Old
  (#3)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-04-2010, 15:45

Have used them in the past. Service was good but stop using them because they changed their terms to fairuse.

Old
  (#4)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-05-2010, 13:12

Yes we had changed our fair use policy as some people were using our sim card service for there own call-back system.

We also removed Belgium and Switzerland as free roaming counties. So that's the real reason why bbob no longer uses our service - no free roaming in Belgium !

Just to make a note
We have only disconnected around 5 customers who have been in breach of our fail use policy and they were using our service for free inbound calls to Egypt. There average calls were 10 to 25+ calls per day and a duration on average from 30 minutes up to 1/2 hrs per call. That's abuse !

Service life
There is no expiry time for the sim card or call credit - You will need to keep a minimum balance of $1.00 USD to keep receiving free inbound calls.

Fair usage policy
The use of the travel sim card is expected to be a fair balance between free incoming calls and chargeable outgoing calls. Excessive use or high call duration of free incoming calls and/or free call forwarding will constitute abuse. Users that have more than 10 times usage for free inbound calling than outbound calling will be will be given a warning via email and/or sms text message. If the misuse continues. We will disconnect your Travel Sim card and close your account.

www.travelsim.co.uk

Last edited by easyroam-; 05-05-2010 at 13:34..

Old
  (#5)
ygeffens (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-05-2010, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyroam- View Post
Just to make a note
We have only disconnected around 5 customers who have been in breach of our fail use policy and they were using our service for free inbound calls to Egypt. There average calls were 10 to 25+ calls per day and a duration on average from 30 minutes up to 1/2 hrs per call. That's abuse !
We talked about that in the past here about things like that.
Why do you accept free calls to Egypt in the first place? Charge an inbound fee for it, and there is no abuse possible.

Or am I missing something?

Yves

Sim:
Belgium: Proximus Smart+ 15 (+32 496 contract)

Voip:
Weepee-voip.be

Phones:
Apple iPhone 32Gb 5S

Old
  (#6)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-05-2010, 14:59

Easyroam:

Your site now explains exactly what constitutes abuse. "Users that have more than 10 times usage for free inbound calling than outbound calling will be will be given a warning via email and/or sms text message. If the misuse continues. We will then disconnect your Travel Sim card and close your account." This is good. Lack of details is what causes users to question your SIM card.

But this section of your fair usage language makes me nervous. " Travel Sim UK reserves the right to monitor usage, apply call charges and/or withdraw the Travel Sim card from service. (We) Will not be liable for reimbursement or compensation of call credit or refund of the purchase price under this Fair Usage Policy."

Sounds to me like you can charge an offender after the fact. Am I wrong?

Old
  (#7)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-05-2010, 08:51

Easyroom it's nice that you know the reason why I am no longer using your card. But it's better I really speak for myself unless you can read my mind !

Yes taking Belgium of the list was 1 of the reason. It's very strange that an EU country like Belgium is taken off free roaming where other suppliers have free roaming in Belgium.

My biggest problem was the sudden change to fair use. You now specify what you think is fair use which was not the case when you introduced this. I don't like fair use policies as in these terms it's up to the provider to decide. If you have rules don't call them fair use specify them.

Even when it's written down 10x usage for free incoming than outbound it still does not see how this is measured. Per Day, Week, 2 Weeks, Month, 2 Month, 3 Month ? Again this is unclear. If there are limits specify them.
Take skype they offer like 10.000 minutes per month for a flat rate. They do although limit the number of calls per day to 30 or 40 (don't know the exact number). If you go over it you have to pay.

Betamax offers 300 minutes per 7 days free calls to fixed numbers. If you use more than 300 minutes withoin 7 days you get charged. Wait a few days and you have free minutes again.

One could do the same for incoming calls. Measure this over a 1 month time. If the ratio is higher than 10:1 you would for example charge a setup for incoming. 7 days later the ratio might be down to say 6:1 and the user will still get free incoming.

Technically this is all possible but not many companies use it and go to the fair use system where they decide when to disconnect a customer.

For me this was the important reason not to use your service. I am now using a different supplier that does not have this fair use policy and I am very happy.