PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
smokeyone (Offline)
Official Member

Default 16-07-2006, 17:02

Does anyone else have troubles with their callkeyone simm card. Most of the time it does not work at all nor ring back & over the last two weeks travelling around europe I have nearly thrown the simm card into the bin. Ended up borrowing friends mobile to make calls. Any ideas please or an alternative provider with no connection to callkeyone in the isle of man.

Old
  (#2)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-07-2006, 11:46

It's strange to hear this. I've been using my callkey sim loads the past weeks in Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and the UK without any real issues. I mainly use it for incoming calls but on the rare occasion I've made an outgoing call the callback seems to work fine.

Where and what problems have you had exactly?

Old
  (#3)
smokeyone (Offline)
Official Member

Default 18-07-2006, 06:29

Hungary, Poland, Germany, Austria & France.
I have actually got through twice to numbers after trying loads of times.
Sometimes you wait for the callback & nothing happens but mostly the number rings & rings and then you have the message about unable to connect you and try later. In each case either a friends mobile or landline has got through straight away. The numbers were a mixture of UK landlines or business numbers in Europe or european mobile numbers.

Old
  (#4)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-07-2006, 00:36

This sounds like the problem I had a couple of months ago with the callkey while travelling Belgium > France > UK. I sent a fault report via their website and somebody quite senior at callkey phoned me that evening at my hotel in London on the landline. They did something over the weekend and the fault hasn't re-appeared (touch wood) so maybe it's something that can be account specific?

Old
  (#5)
Jibku (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-07-2006, 07:10

Maybe part of your problem comes from the fact that in France, callback doesn't work on all networks.

You can receive calls on any of the 3 french networks (Orange Fr, Bouygues Telecom and SFR), but you can send calls only when you're connected to Orange Fr. On the two others, callback never comes.

It's not CallKey specific : I had already noticed the problem with with my United Mobile SIM, and when I got the CallKey one, the same thing happened. (I'll try with Yackie - if I receive it one day :whistle: - but I'm almost sure it'll be the same...)

I was in Czech Republic with CallKey and never had any problem to make or receive calls...

Old
  (#6)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 21-07-2006, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibku
Maybe part of your problem comes from the fact that in France, callback doesn't work on all networks.

You can receive calls on any of the 3 french networks (Orange Fr, Bouygues Telecom and SFR), but you can send calls only when you're connected to Orange Fr. On the two others, callback never comes.
It's quite possible what you say. But, AFAIK it shouldn't affect "Manx-based" SIMs as well as Travelsim, since they use SMS-based callback if USSD-based (default) callback fails.

Old
  (#7)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-07-2006, 01:59

I'm still surprised you're having problems. Used on its own, I've never had a problem. With call forwarding to it from 3 different numbers, or using several callback methods from 3 providers, sometimes the callback doesn't come, or comes late and goes to voicemail as it overlaps with another attempt. But I think it's the other providers affecting this, like 3 callbacks 20 hours late!