PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#51)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-05-2009, 18:39

It looks like they have reduced the number of countries free incoming on UK number, now mainy EU and US only.

Old
  (#52)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-05-2009, 01:12

VladS:

How do you know that the caller is charged for their call when the EKIT cell phone is turned off and callers are given a choice to send a text or cancel?

Old
  (#53)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 30-05-2009, 01:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack_111 View Post
VladS:

How do you know that the caller is charged for their call when the EKIT cell phone is turned off and callers are given a choice to send a text or cancel?
Two ways. CDRs on my IP PBX and CDRs on my providers' end.

Calls to offline first generation, single IMSI eKit cards are passed a supervision level intercept message (no connection).

Calls to offline second generation, dual IMSI eKit cards connect the moment the intercept message is heard. This applies to calls routed via both UK and US numbers.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#54)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-05-2009, 08:20

Is this happening only on Canada networks or also on other networks. If it affects all networks and is not fixed is a big problem.

Old
  (#55)
JDekit (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 01-06-2009, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
I got my dual eKit card as well. The US number is in the 718 area code.

Outgoing calls work fine, however incoming calls don't work at all on either SIM profile on the Rogers network in Canada. According to eKit support it's a know problem and it should be fixed in the next week or so.

A real turnoff, at least for me, is that when the phone is unavailable or turned off, even with the voicemail disabled, the caller doesn't get the standard 'customer not available' message but is rather given an option to send a numeric SMS and is in turn charged for the failed call.

Thanks VladS,

ekit has since diagnosed the problem and it appeared to be the way in which the voice mail settings were configured. I understand this has been changed and VladS can now receive calls in Canada. This should only have affected VladS and no other ekit users. All ekit users can receive calls in the 130 countries where the service operates.

John

Old
  (#56)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-06-2009, 12:25

I confirm everything works well... Now if I could only figure out how I managed to configure my profile to do what it did. I guess we'll never know.

John, thanks a lot for all the help. Brilliant service.

Last but not least, could you comment on the 'send SMS' intercept a caller hears when a customer is unavailable and the voicemail is deactivated? Your original cards used the original operator's intercept and the caller was not billed for the call. The new ones connect as soon as the 'send SMS' intercept is heard.

VladS
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow

Old
  (#57)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-06-2009, 15:18

VladS.

For me, I don't see a problem in giving my callers the option to send me a text message informing me they called. Since you can turn off voice mail, some people might like to be notified with a free e-mail that a call came in while their phone was off.

Most of us in the U.S. have cell phone plans with free long distance service to domestic U.S. numbers. In fact many of us have a home phone with free domestic long distance. I like the fact that these people can essentially call me for free on the EKIT U.S. number rather than having to call a U.K. number to reach me.

And even if they have to pay to call my U.S. number, it's a very cheap call.

Old
  (#58)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-06-2009, 15:34

I am not sure that if a call to the U.S. number is unanswered, and they send a text message, if it goes to the +44 number or the U.S. number. I forgot that a text message costs 10 cents if it's received on my U.S. Number. But it's still a cheap way to know if someone is trying to reach me.

Old
  (#59)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-06-2009, 16:49

FBlack_111:

I don't think you understand where my problem is...

The problem is since the inception of the 'send SMS' intercept, the caller is billed for the call even when the phone is off and the voicemail disabled. If I wanted to know who called while the phone was off I could have kept the voicemail active...

VladS

Old
  (#60)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-06-2009, 17:41

VladS:

Maybe I am missing something. Are you unhappy that someone has to actually "pay" for the call that goes to a message? Is it a cost factor? If it's just the actual cost of the call, it's pretty small and not much to worry about?

Or is it something else?

Tags
ekit