PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Organizing SIM cards - 18-04-2008, 21:50

How do you organize and keep track of your SIM cards and their pertinent information? I'd like something to physically keep my SIM cards safe, as well as a method for keeping track of each of their balances, balance expiration dates, balance checking methods, etc. Do you just put them in a plastic bag and write their pertinent info on a piece of paper?

Old
  (#2)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-04-2008, 23:16

The section is wrong. Anyway i put my 24 sims in a little bag

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#3)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-04-2008, 00:40

What do you mean the section is wrong?

Do you just write down the necessary info for each on a piece of paper in the bag? Don't tell me you memorized the "check balance" function for 24 cards.

Old
  (#4)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-04-2008, 01:34

Storing the "check balance" number on the SIM is easy enough. Put an exclamation mark in front of the name of the entry so that it appears at the top.

I have a little aluminum case by Umbra that's designed to store driver's licenses, ID cards, credit cards, etc. It nicely and neatly fits my top-up cards and then I just slide the SIMs in last. It works quite well.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#5)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-04-2008, 14:11

Wow! That's a lot of sim cards ggking7. As for checking balance, most sim cards already have the number stored on them. For those that do not, I store it on there myself. Just like PhotoJim, I use a plastic that's meant to hold drivers licence, bus pass, etc. I only use this for a couple of sims. I have enough unlocked phones for the remaining sims. So, they are just in the phone.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#6)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 19-04-2008, 14:13

I have a credit card size sim card holder that holds 4 sim cards. I store these in a tin can that held breath mints. As far as the sim balance goes I never have enough on the sim card to worry about. When I go back to the country I just top off as soon as I can. the only one I worry about is Vodaphone, and I check the balance on the web site.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+

Old
  (#7)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-04-2008, 16:55

powerlifter,

Where did you get that SIM card holder? If I could get four or five of those, that would be perfect with my system.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#8)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-04-2008, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
Where did you get that SIM card holder?
eBay, e.g. http://cgi.ebay.com/Soft-4-Sim-Card-...QQcmdZViewItem and http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Keyring-Blue...QQcmdZViewItem but FWIW I use the plastic boxes that flash memory cards come in.

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#9)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-04-2008, 21:49

The phone number for each too, plus the customer service number wouldn't hurt to have.

Old
  (#10)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 19-04-2008, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
powerlifter,

Where did you get that SIM card holder? If I could get four or five of those, that would be perfect with my system.
They came from telestial when I bought my Hop card. They hold four sim cards I think.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+