PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
talon4x4 (Offline)

Default Problem ordering Toggle Mobile sim - 15-09-2013, 23:07

I'm just wondering if anyone else from the USA has been successful in purchasing a sim card from their site? I have tried several different credit cards (one tied to my bank account and a Chase Slate Visa) and each time I get a payment failure message. I contacted their support and they just told me that they escalated my issue to their technical department and they confirmed that I was unsuccessful due to random security checks used to protect their customers. Completely useless information to me. I guess that's one way to protect people, don't let them buy your sim cards.

If anyone has any suggestions here I would appreciate it. I still have a little less than a month before my wife leaves for Germany and I want to make this process as painless as possible for her. She's not exactly technically savvy.

Old
  (#2)
HappyCamp (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-09-2013, 08:07

Just send them an email: cs@togglemobile.co.uk and say you couldn't order it. I guess you already did that, reading more closely.

When I did that they offered to send me one for free. Then I used Paypal to add credit to it.

See if they will send you one for free.

T-Mobile $30 "Wal-mart plan". Unlimited data & text. 100 voice minutes per month.

Europe 2013 vacation:
Piranha-Mobile and Truphone plus the following
AT: T-Mobile, CZ: Tesco Mobile, DE: Lidl & Toggle Mobile, DK: Telia & Toggle Mobile, ES: Toggle Mobile, FR: Orange & Toggle Mobile, HU: T-Mobile, SE: Telenor & Toggle Mobile

Old
  (#3)
talon4x4 (Offline)

Default 16-09-2013, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamp View Post
Just send them an email: cs@togglemobile.co.uk and say you couldn't order it. I guess you already did that, reading more closely.

When I did that they offered to send me one for free. Then I used Paypal to add credit to it.

See if they will send you one for free.
Great suggestion. Thanks!

Old
  (#4)
Eustar (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-09-2013, 22:16

buy over Ebay.co.uk look

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_...+While+Roaming

My favorite sim and VoIP for roaming in Europe and worldwide:

UWT-mobile and Xxsim: for call+sms in Europa extern and Worldwide
ToggleMobile: for internet+call+sms only in EU intern
(VoIP/Sip) FriendCaller or SipCall.ch
: Worldwide sms+call

Old
  (#5)
talon4x4 (Offline)

Default 18-09-2013, 01:46

The people at Toggle have sent me another email and they have said my problem is because I didn't use a 3D secure credit card. What is a 3D secure credit card?!? I have never heard of this. I called my bank and the person I got didn't know what I was talking about. They thought that maybe this was something common in the UK & EU.

Thanks for the eBay links Eustar. I'd prefer to avoid eBay. There is only one auction for a nano sim right now and they want £3.99 and £10.00 for postage. That's a little more than $20USD and it doesn't come with any credit.

Old
  (#6)
HappyCamp (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-09-2013, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon4x4 View Post
The people at Toggle have sent me another email and they have said my problem is because I didn't use a 3D secure credit card. What is a 3D secure credit card?!? I have never heard of this. I called my bank and the person I got didn't know what I was talking about. They thought that maybe this was something common in the UK & EU.

Thanks for the eBay links Eustar. I'd prefer to avoid eBay. There is only one auction for a nano sim right now and they want £3.99 and £10.00 for postage. That's a little more than $20USD and it doesn't come with any credit.
It looks like 3D Secure is also known as Verified by Visa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure

T-Mobile $30 "Wal-mart plan". Unlimited data & text. 100 voice minutes per month.

Europe 2013 vacation:
Piranha-Mobile and Truphone plus the following
AT: T-Mobile, CZ: Tesco Mobile, DE: Lidl & Toggle Mobile, DK: Telia & Toggle Mobile, ES: Toggle Mobile, FR: Orange & Toggle Mobile, HU: T-Mobile, SE: Telenor & Toggle Mobile

Old
  (#7)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 19-09-2013, 00:26

Quote:
I am surprised they haven't offered to send you a free sim. This is what they usually do when people have trouble ordering.

Quote:

5£ with 5£ credit, 1.99£ postage worldwide

Old
  (#8)
SomeGuyNotHere (Offline)

Default 19-09-2013, 06:58

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago; you essentially have to call Verified by Visa as you're trying to order the SIM to make sure your card clears. I first had to call my credit card company (Chase) and then get them to route me to the Verified by Visa Support. There's also a similar thing for Mastercard called Mastercard SecureCode.

As far as I can tell, it's mostly implemented in Europe and most credit card companies find it a pain. I also had the same issue with buying airline tickets from Jetairfly.

In either event, I emailed Toggle Mobile, they told me it was a 3D secure issue, I tried again and failed, they sent me a sim card which, like HappyCamper, I topped up via Paypal. Took about a week.