PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#6)
international (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 10-05-2014, 11:20

Maybe I was not clear in the opening post: I do not need the ability to be reached at two different numbers. I do not need the hot-swap feature either.

Why I am considering it is because who knows? maybe in many countries I can get cheaper data on a data only SIM than as an add-on to a mobile SIM? I do not think about Gigabytes here. Three UK's 321 tariff is great for data as well for the UK, but maybe other countries offer these better data deals on a data only SIM? Talking about in the 100 MB range.

As the topic of this forum is international SIM cards and such, I just want to know if it's worth thinking of those phones for this reason, as I did not check all the countries in advance for which this might be interesting in the future (and who knows, where the mobile and telecom industries are heading?).

Perhaps some of you had the chance to check the tariffs for data only vs. data + voice SIMs for this and that and maybe even so many countries and came to a conclusion.

Considering also that you can have a much better selection of single SIM only phones: not all models come in a dual SIM version.

Last edited by international; 10-05-2014 at 11:29..