![]() |
|
|
|
|
(#1)
|
|
|
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
Posts: 1,257
Join Date: 22 Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Country:
|
Currently in St. Thomas USVI via a cruise that also stopped in Aruba, Cuaraco, St. Martin/Marteen. It left out of Puerto Rico. The UM+ sim worked in all places and including the Ships's network. This network kicks in/is turned on when not at port. So, coverage is 24/7. Juggled between UM+ sim and my IOM sim freeGlobalsim depending on the situation. Calls to my cingular mobile were forwarded to the UM+ sim via voicestick. Caller ID worked about 50% of the time.
The USVI and Puerto Rico happen to be covered as part of nationwide calls by US carriers, so I am able to make and receive calls and use data as I am tethering (use my mobile as a modem with my laptop) with my cingular sim at the moment, as if I am in the US. Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile |
|
|
|
|
(#2)
|
||
|
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
Posts: 1,399
Join Date: 15 Nov 2006
Country:
|
Quote:
And how much were you charged for incoming and outgoing calls? postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com |
|
|
|
|
|
(#3)
|
|
|
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
Posts: 1,257
Join Date: 22 Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Country:
|
I was on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas. According to cingular's website they charge the same for all the cruise lines. I think it's $1.99 in and out. The onboard network only had the number displayed "901-18" All four phones with different sims I had displayed this same number. The IOM sim charged $1.29 incoming. My yackie sim which is also IOM based charged the same rate yackie quoted for US on their website. Received a couple of calls while on board using the UM+, and it was charged $0.99/min. In the islands UM+ was free except for St. Martin and Cuaraco where they charged $0.45 for incoming. Don't knw about outgoing. I actually used my UM +423 for outgoing in St Martin and was charged $0.49/min.
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|