View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 05-07-2008, 14:01

Well now, POP is a sort-of fake MVNO, inasmuch as Orange kept the name going after introducing Orange Go, and didn't refer to Orange at all in advertising for it (at least at first).

I was a little bit annoyed after I bought Telepin Mobi -- there was lots of advertising for it at Inmedio newsagencies, but absolutely no price information made available (not even on the paper insert included with the SIM), just "cheap international calls" according to the poorly informed staff. I took a chance on 10 PLN, but having the only way to get the lower rate be via a dialthrough number is just cheating. I'll use it up, but next time I'll just buy a POP/Zetafon card for 5 PLN with 13 PLN credit instead and use the Orange dialthrough. Orange cards all have rubbish lose-all-your-credit non-cumulative expiration, so I will never top up, just buy a new SIM each time, and add the old one to my album...

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell