View Single Post
Old
  (#197)
deeras (Offline)

Default Re-stock prepaid WIND from USA with non-Italian credit cards - 09-06-2011, 13:37

1) Can the pre-paid WIND SIM card be re-stocked from USA using a non-Italian credit card??????? I've seen a number of threads on this and obviously it is problematic. I'm having difficulty.

2) Does anyone have a telephone number I can use to contact WIND from the USA to attempt to resolve the issue of using my non-Italian credit card? The only publish the 155 number to contact them on their website and obviously that doesn't work from USA.

Background info -- I have a WIND prepaid account in my name that I obtained recently using a legal codice fiscale and my passport. I am now back in USA and tried last evening to restock the SIM card using my American credit card but it didn't accept any of them OR my PayPal account. I want to keep the same Italian cell phone number to be used when I travel into Italy every few years. I have many Italian friends and it is a pain to have to continually provide them a new Italian cell phone number.

If someone can help resolve this, you will forever more be my hero.

Ciao,
Dee

PS -- note that someone on page 19 of this thread posed this problem but I saw no response. Here is what they wrote:

Hmm, I can't recharge on wind.it.

When I try with Visa, the transaction terminates with "invalid session" the only message.

When I try with American Express, trying two different Amex cards, it says it can't be paid with those cards.

When I try with Paypal, I log in and it says it can't be completed at this time and only offers to return me to the merchant.

Frustrating as using an American credit card to book on trenitalia.com.