Thread: Dialing
View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 06-09-2007, 15:15

She will definitely not get charged if you call her from a US calling card (as long as she is in Italy). Though I am unfamiliar with specific good value US calling cards, you could also consider calling her via VoIP. There are a number of operators who do Italy Mobile for fairly decent rates. Voipcheap.com do it for around $0.15 per minute as far as I remember. You could download the software and top up a minimal amount onto an account. The whole thing only takes a few minutes to set up.

As for text messaging, it is strange that that is not working. It could be that the messaging centre number is not setup properly (though I doubt this). Is she including the full number including the area code? If she is writing the message and then selecting the recipient from the address book, for consistent results she should program her contacts with the full international code and preferably with the + sign at the front. (e.g. +1212....etc. for US numbers or +39347....etc. for her Italian friends... in that case on Vodafone/Omnitel)

Edit: apologies... crossed message with some duplicate info!