View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
Seagoon (Offline)

Default 12-07-2011, 06:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
If she still has problems she can go back to the dealer and ask help to them.
Did she buy the SIM from the Wind dealer at Termini station in Rome? I bought three cards from them on Sunday (1 for me, 1 for my wife, and one for a USB data modem). 2 x 9 Limited for voice, 1 Mega Unlimited. After we pay, they tell us they have no money in their bank account by which they send money to Wind electronically to credit accounts and activate options. I have no idea how they can trade that way, but results as of Tuesday:

* 1 x 9 Limited edition SIM active with 5 Euro credit from Wind already on the card, still waiting for the extra 5 Euro credit from the dealer
* 1 x 9 Limited edition SIM active but with zero credit on it from Wind & dealer. Went back to dealer & called Wind at 155 - they all said it was "impossible" not to have the 5 Euro startup credit. Still waiting for the extra 5 Euro credit from the dealer
* 1 x SIM with Mega Unlimited but zero credit thus useless.

I managed to get Mega Unlimited working on one of my 9 Limited Edition cards by buying credit from the supermarket across the hall and sending the activation SMS as described elsewhere by Effendi. Much faster than via the dealer!

Staff generally rude and not willing to assist unless pressed - I actually saw a staffmember with a swastika tattoo denigrating an African customer with racial taunts!

I hope this isn't a sign of Wind customer service! If you want Wind at Termini (their packages are pretty good, and Data coverage is also OK - mine works in country Tuscany) buy a basic card from the dealer and get an instant refill from the supermarket across the hall. Otherwise you'll be waiting days.