View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-09-2010, 00:50

I think TIM would be the best option for coverage (3G and edge). One question how do you VOIP on the iPad since it has no microphone. Can you use a bluetooth earphone with mic and use a SIP software on iPad? I am looking to ruun VOIP on Ipad but coud not find yet a BT earphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
I have read the very helpful pieces here and in Effendi's guide (PrePaidGSM: Prepaid Data in Italy). I have some questions specific to Sardinia.

1. I'll be traveling to Sardinia beginning next week. I have only about an hour layover in Rome, so the my best opportunity to purchase a SIM card will probably be at Cagliari airport. Anybody know what network operators are represented there, and where they are located?

2. The coverage links above are a little hard to use. I will be driving throughout Sardinia, and particularly in the countryside outside of any cities and towns. Do any network operators stand out for especially good coverage, or especially bad?

This is only for data. I'm planning to use a MiFi device with a couple of iPhones and an iPad (no computer), mostly for browsing, map downloads, and perhaps some VoIP. I think 1GB ought to be plenty of data for two weeks in Sardinia and a week in Rome. I need 3G, but coverage is more important than speed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.