View Single Post
Old
  (#302)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-02-2014, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
0.39 Euro cents or £0.40 still mathematically more expensive and bundles are use it or lose it. its all about how much you use and as i have already pointed out the standard email is 50kb-75kb. I am happy leaving my data on knowing that worst case it will costs me £0.10 or £0.20 per Mb when travailing in the EU. and much cheaper outside of EU than the companies you have mentioned, but everyone to his own. My original point was they seem to be getting some very good deals in and outside of EU.
When going to a hotel with WiFi I normally use it as well as other free WiFi spots available (airports, shopping malls,...). With mobile data switched on constantly, this causes me 10 or more reconnects a day (room->breakfast & return, entering/leaving hotel...). Each connection change from mobile data to WiFi terminates a charging block. With charging blocks of 100kB this causes me 1 MB of data to be charged even if no data has been transfered in the sessions. Not really a problem for me in the EU with today's low per MB prices.