View Single Post
Old
  (#103)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-07-2010, 14:16

Another update of my older post about the currently available prepaid data plans and offers in Greece. The situation (and the pricing) is largely improved in all three major mobile operators since my last post.

COSMOTE

NEW! 1. Data plan "Internet On The Phone 60", Internet (no proxy), 3€/month, 60MB volume included, 0.0010€/ΚΒ afterwards.

Detailed information (in Greek) here: COSMOTE: /??? '????/WHATSUP/????????????? WHAT'S UP

Activation and Settings:
  1. Buy and register a Cosmote prepaid card (Cosmokarta or What's Up) from any Cosmote, OTE or Germanos store.
  2. To activate the "Internet On The Phone 60", send an SMS with the number 60 to 1333. Soon after you will receive with SMS the settings for Wap & Internet. Use the Internet settings on your mobile, not the Wap ones.
  3. If you don't receive the settings automatically or you want to enter the connection settings on your mobile manually, just use the APN: internet (everything else leave it blank).
  4. To check the remaining data volume, send INFO to 1313.
  5. To check the remaining credit, send YP to 1314.

Notes:
  • After subscribing to the plan, you get 40MB free, valid for the first 15 days.
  • Between 10/6 and 31/8/2010, you get double the volume (i.e., 120MB), every time you purchase a new packet.
  • The packet is deactivated automatically 30 days after its activation.
  • You can purchase as many packets as you like even before the end of the 30 days. Each time you purchase a new packet, the remaining data volume is added to your new volume (i.e. 60MB or 120MB until 31/8/2010) and the validity of the packet is extended for 30 more days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED! 2. Data plan "Internet On The Phone 60", WAP (with proxy), 3€/month, 60MB volume included, 0.0123€/ΚΒ afterwards.

This is the updated packet of the old Cosmote "MyView'n'Web" and it is exactly the same like the above packet (1), with the difference that it uses WAP instead of the internet APN to connect. The other big difference over the packet (1) is that it charges 12.6€/MB when the included volume is over (the packet (1) charges almost 12 times less, i.e., 1.03€/MB).

It is NOT recommended in any way over the plan (1), except if you have a special reason to connect through a WAP server instead of an internet server. In that case, just save the WAP settings that you will receive with an SMS when you activate the packet, or use manually the following settings:

APN: wap
username and password: blank
Proxy: 10.10.10.10, port: 8080