View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
recoiller (Offline)

Smile My experience in Spain Yoigo - 23-07-2011, 09:04

Hi,

I'm just back from a trip to spain, 2 weeks holiday.
I've looked for the best prepaid option to use on my iPad.

I enjoyed my Holiday in Mallorca, an Isle the makes things even a bit more complex.

Spain is very complex with their mobile services. There are several providers like Movistar Moviles, Orange, Yoigo, Vodafone and T-mobile. shop-in-shop's are everywhere like in the major Carrefour Supermarkets. There are here and there Phonehouses that offer all services but those are rare.

In all cases when you need a mobile number (as so for data) you will need to identify with your passport. In my case only Yoigo offered prepaid options that they call "by the card". With all other providers you need a Spanish address and bank account.

Yoigo offers a prepaid simcard for 20 euro. Internet will cost 3 euro per day and you have 1Gb free data. After that you pay extra.
I bought the usb-modem that comes with a simcard for 29 euro.
I topped it up with 30 euro (=10 days).

It worked like a charm, I was in a house on a hill, great reception and speed. Loved it. Yoigo is in my opinion the way to go. I did had to go to a Yoigo-shop, not all small Yoigo-stands offer this service.

At the shop they cut my Sim to micro sim but with the excess piece I was able to use it on my Mac with the USB modem as well.

Great service too!