View Single Post
Old
  (#156)
timmfive (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-04-2011, 10:22

Just an update to my "Q" data speed issues. (outlined here: link)

I wrote the Q customer service as per Evans post. After a week the informed me of the difference between 3G and GPRS speeds. I replied saying I am aware of this difference but that I am currently in a 3G area. No reply.

I also tried calling the customer support line a few times, but when I select the option for English, the menu reverts to an infinite loop in Greek.

So I went (once again) to the WIND store. This time my trusted WIND agent informs me that "Q doesn't support 3G anymore". (!!!??!). Not sure why he sold me the credit last time, but I guess he learned something new. I explained that I used to get 3G speeds with Q, but seemed like ~March 1st it stopped... he just kept saying that "Q doesn't have 3G anymore".

Regardless, the unadvertised unlimited Q data plan that I had last year has ended. And their 500M for €5 is also offered by parent company WIND. Whether Q are throttling data back to GPRS speeds or throttling my account in specific... doesn't matter. I've had enough messing around. So I just got a WIND SIM, new number, new account, and have 3G speeds back.

Bottom line: don't bother with Q anymore. Go with WIND. 500MB for €5.
(but things seem to change alot in Greece so stay tuned!)