View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Forget www.pbxes.com - 20-09-2010, 17:59

Have been using www.pbxes.com for many years. Good service but the last year it has become worse and worse.

To get some sort of support one has to be a paying member and post on the forum. This is where the problem starts, major problems have to be solved by iptel the owner. Not only is he rude he also does not give good support. Sure you cvan buy support and have to pay for this. Also be carefull to critiize him as he will make your post unreable !

also pbxes is good in taking money. One can pay only thru payapl, every month, 3 month or year. I you have paid say 1 june 2010 for 1 year and you cancel you subsrcibtion at paypal, pbxes will automatically shutdown your paid account to a non paid account loosing all your paid for services.
You have to request for a money back and the minium amount seems to be 10 euro. If they owe you less than 10 euro it's gone.

There are many free account and paid account on the same server. You wonder why paid accounts don't get a seperate more reliable server instead of sharing them with free account.
But wait in case a server does go down after 30 minutes your account is moved to another server automatically. On paper this seems to work, in reality it hardly works. Many times when a server has problems you will notice this and if you can still reach the server you can try to move your account manually. If like many times the server can't be reached you will have to wait wait and wait.

PBXEs is not expensive at 11 euro per month but given the many reliability problems the last years I have moved to a vps running asterisk/elastix. It has taken some time to get everything moving but I am more than happy now having a full server, no calback limits like pbxes (3 number limit).

I would advice anyone get a vps server 512 mb minimum, 1 core and stay away from pbxes.com