View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-03-2016, 17:44

Might sign up for FreedomPop Global once they have coverage in the areas I need it in. But no data coverage in Canada, non-US Caribbean and Bermuda make it of limited use to me. For US, I have unlimited Verizon (in theory; I can't use it that heavily or it would likely be throttled or cut off), plus ~3 gb free a month on FreedomPop CDMA Sprint, and a lot of non-expiring data on Karma CDMA Sprint with the ability to earn more free.

Will be in Bermuda for a couple of weeks starting at the end of May, and will be using limited free hotel wifi, Kindle free 3g and InMarSat voice for my data and voice needs. Used to have a Digicel Bermuda sim but they increased the minimum monthly refill and started charging daily license fees on pay-as-you-go plans (other than the flat rate prepaid plan that still charges for international calls to US and elsewhere). Also used to have Telna but they tripled Bermuda rates. Might pick up a Piranha sim card as a backup.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Last edited by GadgetKen; 26-03-2016 at 17:54..