View Single Post
Old
  (#15)
cameronjpu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 07-06-2011, 15:47

From what I've read, all but one has wifi that covers the whole hotel, and the last has wifi only in the lobby and 1st floor rooms. The hope would be that 100mb per day would allow me to use 3G freely and without limit when out and about, and rely on wifi in the hotel. If I'm walking around trying to conserve, that's no good. Certainly you could try the 100mb plan for the first day and then top up to the 30e plan if that didn't work well.

My typical usage in the states is about 750 MB per month, but of course that's not the same type of usage as it is when traveling. Plus this iPhone will be performing MyWi functions for another phone and for an iPad. I'm torn. It's a long way to travel just to try to save 20e. But then 20e is 20e

The Carrefour on Las Ramblas seems to not be of the type that sells the SIM cards. Grrr.

Edit: scratch that, it does seem to be that type: http://translate.google.com/translat...6prmd%3Divnscm

Services at this location include Carrefour telecom. I couldn't find it using Google street view but it must be there somewhere....

Last edited by cameronjpu; 07-06-2011 at 16:32..