View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-02-2009, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
I completely agree with you. Why is the Global Roaming market being targetted by its consumers and criticised for fair usage policies when they are used in every industry.

For example I challenge you all to take a look at all of the "unlimited text" or "unlimited call" bundles available from the national carriers. Orange is 3000 texts per month, BT's unlimited calls all have to be less than 60 minutes, and you will find everyones offers are restricted in some way. It is actually fair to say you get what you pay for, and guys everyone has to make at least a small profit or people arent going to be around to offer you that service much longer. The deals may not be the same as they were two years ago but then you go into Sainsburys and you will find many prices so much higher than two weeks ago.....
As a customers I would like companies to be clear in what they offer and don't have small print saying this or that.

I don't think that we need a discussion about the meaning of the word Unlimited as it speaks for itself, it's very simple no limites and there can be no discussion about that, just take a dictionairy and look it up.
The fact that BT and others provider not only telcom but internet are misusing the word unlimited and than have small print limiting the use is plain and simple screwing the end user and I would love to see a case being taken to court about the word unlimited.

As for fair use this is nice word that can be used to give misinformation to the customer as he does not know what the limites are for fair use. Fair use for a heavy user means something else for a non heavy user.

Don't misunderstand me I have no problems when a company chooses to have limits but these should be clearly communicated to the customer. Don't put them in small prints and hide them on a website. Be clear about them.
If you have fair use say what the average use is and for example allow maximum 2x the average or any other number.

The only problem about being clear is that from a marketing standpoint you don't want to have any limits because this might hold of some customer to choose your service. So for that reason companies choose to have vage terms like fair use or limit unlimited offers in the small print.

I wil not choose a company that hides things in small print and misinforms customers or uses unlimited and than limiting it.
I prefer to choose a company that is honest and clear about their service and or limits. For me this is the proper way of doing business. The other companys well if they are hiding things or make it unclear, do you really want to do business with them.

Business ethics is unfortunatly a words that many seem to forget but luckily there are governments or the EU who do something about this. Take for example booking for flight only and wow for just 10 euro you can fly from london to paris. But wait you book an all of a sudden it's 60 euro instead of 10 euro. Right taxes they just forget to mention that. Luckily in some countries this is forbiden now and advertising is alony allowed showing the price including al costs.