View Single Post
Old
  (#107)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-08-2014, 10:22

@UKSTEVE
For longterm forum members like you I am always ready to pick up and send a SIM at cost. So next time you need a German SIM, feel free to order one from me.

@wolfbln
Agree with all your points. As many of my posts here prove, I was advocating for O2 for a long time, however that has changed drastically over the past year and I now prefer eplus over O2, despite my private SIM card is still on O2.
Btw according to an teltarif.de article from last September the merger of O2 and eplus may become subject to the condition that they sell one of their bigger discount brands. Unfortunately I fear that it will be Fonic because in contrast to AldiTalk Fonic is a separate entitiy (Fonic GmbH) while AldiTalk subscribers are contracting directly with E-Plus Service GmbH & Co. KG and the problem is that Fonic can be sold immediately to a new shareholder without affecting the contractual relationship between the company and its customers. However if someone wanted to buy AldiTalk's business all the conracts would need to be transferred from E-Plus Service GmbH & Co. KG to the new company which would require consent from each single customer. This legal hurdle which in practice may lead to some customer churn and increased costs is why I believe Fonic is the most likely sacrifice O2 will make. The fact that AldiTalk has made several tariff improvements during the last year without Fonic following and so attracting many new customers (can't find the link that said it were hundreds of thousands), may be a silent preparation for this as O2 may try to draw as many customers from Fonic before selling the later as possible.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com