View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-10-2007, 12:56

explain about outgoing cost:

As you said you have to trigger the callback via sms and this cost moeny. You could choose to have a starting rate say 0.25 euro per call like UM does.

Ok once the callback is triggered a call is made to the SIM. This call should not cost more than $0.29 per minute as this is what you charge for forwarding a did call to the sim.

This is the cost for making the connection to the sim, but not going further. In a normal callback situation I would than get the dialtone of the callback and can dial the number I want and the callback rates.

To give an example I could use a betamax service and sms them the number I would like to call. They would call me back (the charge the rate for calling a +354-38xx number. They would also call the number I stated in my sms and would connect the 2 calls. The 2second part of the call would also be charged against their voip rates. 2 rates added together will give the toal rate.
Works simular like your system, sms to trigger the callback and connection to the number you want to call.
Andy has given some examples of this on the forum.

In my example I am using pbxes to make the call. I trigger the callback by calling a did number which recognises my mobile number. I get a busy tone and receive a callback. There is no cost for doing this as there is no sms and i receive a busy tone.
I get calledback on my +354-38xx number (which cost me around 0.11-0.14 euro) than I get a dialtone of the pbx and call dial any number through voip at voip rates.

Another example www.callbackworld.com select iceland cellular as calling from and than example france cellular. cost $ 0.34 per minute or $0.15 per minute for fixed lines.

I understand your view that it is cheaper than other normal carriers and visitors from asia it's a cheaper solution. Also I understand that other companies have simular service has simular rates but explain me what a do it yourself solution like pbxes or betamax provider callback is a lot cheaper than the solution you are offering.
In case of betamax the service is simular also triggered by sms but rates are a lot lower.
But i can understand that you want to make money. The problem is that most of your customers will see the service as a cheaper solution compared to what they are allready using. Here on the forum I think we go deeper into what is possible and what is really the cheapest route. Things like betamax sms callback or callbackworld or do it yourself pbxes are than possible to lower the cost over more.
I my view knowing the alternatives I can use your service for outgoing calls is to expensive, (like many other providers) for most people not knowing the alternatives your service is cheaper than what they are paying now.

Thanks for the info of voip. I was allready using the express talk package but it would still be helpfull to add the sip settings to you site for people than want to connect using their own softphone of wifi cellphone.

Bill per minute please state this under the rates on your site.