View Single Post
Old
  (#16)
Sebastian (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-10-2007, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
bbob, I tried just now to set this up using IPKall as the DID. Perhaps I didn't do it correctly, but I think it didn't work because IPKall does not offer a true SIP address -- I was using the IP or URL address that the IPKall email said calls would be coming from (voiper.ipkall.com). I could see from the status page that pbxes had logged into VoipCheap, but the IPKall trunk was grayed out.
It's the other way round: to use IPKall DID you have to have SIP account somewhere else the inbound calls can be forwarded to. A solution which can surely work is to register an account at eg. draytel.org and then use your Draytel account number for "SIP phone number" and draytel.org for "SIP proxy" field. So a call made to your DID will appear as coming from the draytel.org. You then register your draytel.org credentials into pbxes and it should work. You can use any other VoIP provider that peers with ipkall.com though, the only thing I'm not sure whether the IPKall DID is restricted to SIP accounts with numeric usernames.