View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-10-2007, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
bbob, that was very helpful. Until you explained it, I just couldn't see what pbxes was all about.
pbxes is a very strong solution which offers many possibilities. The only problem is that it is a do it yourself solution, which does not make it plug and play.
The is a forum at pbxes but you can only post if you are a paying user (cost 11 euro per month).

The free version has most features activated only difference with the paid version is, only 2 calls are allowed at the same time, no callback, no fax receiption and some other small thing.

But if you get pbxes to work, it's a great solution.

In my situation I use it as my office and home pbx. I have an office in both Holland and Belgium.
I have several DID voip numbers for different countries. Whenever I am at home/office the DID numbers will ring on my normal phone (voip phone). Parallel every call also rings on my mobile (takes about 10 seconds longer to ring tahn the voip phone).
So when in the office I can pickup the phone answer the call. When traveling I can pickup the call with my callphone.

Basicly this is what Yackie and Maxroam are now trying to offer. The difference is that their solution is more expensive and you pay a high price for DID numbers.
Their advantage is that they do all the work for you, forwarding etc, but their system does not offer the option that pbxes has.