Old
  (#12)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-05-2008, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
So when you buy the SIM, you provide the codice fiscale and passport?
yes

Quote:
No real advantage to generating a CF ahead of time then, right?
well, I think it helps indeed, since you need a CF and you cannot know in advance if the shop dealer will be smart enough to create one (unofficial) for you...

Quote:
Also, from the Italy SIMs page, you have to choose a particular plan when you activate?
if you say nothing they will activate you the default plan, but of course you can choose it, at least with Wind, 3 and Vodafone, I don't think it's possible with TIM.

Quote:
I think for a week trip, I would try to get by without topping off. But it would be nice to top off over the web later to prevent the card from expiring.
it's very hard to do it without an Italian credit card, I suggest you to buy a scratch card and then use it also later when you are out of Italy. In this case Wind is surely good since you can refill for free outside of Italy, having a scratch card of course.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim