View Single Post
Old
  (#17)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-02-2016, 22:13

Finally after using it for two weeks, I've found a major drawback for a wider use of this SIM card outside of the Ukraine.

All three top-up options seem to decline now out-of-the UA issued credit cards for reloads. My first try on 20th of FEB went through, but now a broad selection of Visa and Mastercard credit/debit cards from different European countries (other than the Ukraine) have been refused.

On the internet you can find more comments of users whose cards were not approved for a UA top-up. Probably, my first try that was successful was the exception.

The problem is, without UA-approved payment systems, you need to use 3rd party top-up sites for a reload and they are severely overpriced: ding.com adds 30% and recharge.com around 60% surcharge. There are even sites doubling the price rate. This really spoils all cheap rates which are great originally.

So my question here for users: Is there a way to top up Vodafone Ukraine or MTS/MTC Ukraine SIM cards from abroad for a reasonable surcharge? Otherwise, I have to suspend the SIM from the featured WIKI site as their rates are clearly not obtainable from outside of the Ukraine.

Last edited by wolfbln; 28-02-2016 at 22:19..