View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-06-2008, 08:48

I just meant that in many countries, expecially in Eastern Europe, you usually don't need any registration, or a really straightforward one and you can use your prepaid card at once. In Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, for example, you can buy a starting kit anywhere, just pay and go. In Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Belarus you have to go to the operators' shops, but in the first two cases it's really easy, in the latter 2 a bit more complicated... I don't know in the Balkans, but it should be not so different.

BTW the first mistake most of the time is to ask for a "data plan". AFAIK in very few places do exist special data plans on prepaid. Most of the times it's just a normal prepaid card on which you can use data or add some data-bundle. Usually official websites, as well as prepaidgsm.net, are very useful from this point of view, much more than the shop attendants, which usually speak a language I don't speak, and often are not well informed too...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim