View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-06-2009, 10:50

Mobiho can be added to the group that inquisitor found, but it seems to me that all per minute deals in France are expensive.

Simyo is 19c/min to France, and the credit expiry seems to look a bit better than some of the others. But it would need to be used with callthrough for Germany

Various illimité bundles look attractive, some on Orange as well, but several have time bands, like the one maccoy mentions above. Even then, that contract looks expensive when compared to other countries.

For a 3 week visit a couple of years ago, I nearly got an SFR card to use their l'appel = €0.30 option, costing €5 a month then calls to SFR and landlines are that price up to an hour, prospectively to use it with callthrough access, but in the end I didn't bother as this too has time options. Instead it was sms callback with Justvoip, then only 5 cents a minute to my O2 mobile forwarded to an IoM SIM; now JV is 7c/min UK mobile to home and use the Java client

Or how about solomo pro using a separate callback? .... though that comes out around the 19c of those French SIMs, and is more tiresome to use for outgoing, but could help people calling him from Germany.

Could it be worth trying out Fring and a VoIP provider with an add-on data package, or via wi-fi?

Last edited by andy; 02-06-2009 at 11:09..