View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 14-09-2009, 13:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
In Spain we have restrictions of 5 SIMs / person /day and it is required ID for registration. Are this restrictions common in the EU?
I was not even aware of that restriction. Thanks for sharing. Is that a restriction on the amount you can buy/register in a single day, or how many a single person can own??

In my experience the UK SIMs are best for this application. They have extensive roaming agreements and the best part is that they are free (or almost free) to acquire and are very easy to maintain. I have a few Virgin UK SIMs that I do not check into but I am surprised that they have never expired (It's been much more than a year since last use..). I especially like the fact that I can call their customer Service centre for free (from anywhere in the world) and then even recharge multiple SIMs in one go! However, the Virgin UK roaming GPRS tariff is not as attractive anymore as it once was!

It's a shame that the Spanish home market does not have a nice lowcost prepaid to offer for this sort of application. Yoigo is OK at 3Euros per MB but then there is also IVA and minimum spend per month! I cannot believe that Simyo here charge 10 Euros per MB whilst roaming in the EU!!!