View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 28-11-2015, 01:01

I guess that's either a teaser to attract new subscribers or another explanation could be that MTS UA is bartering airtime with European roaming partners in order to eliminate exchange rate fluctuation, something that is hurting carriers from the CIS countries badly. And as travel volume has probably turned very asymetric (less Ukrainians travelling to Europe) due to the devaluation of the Ukrainian Hryvnia, I could imagine that MTS UA has a lot of unused bartered airtime left that they are trying to monetize by above offer. Again that's only speculation but what I can tell for sure is that swap deals have become extremly popular among carriers in the CIS region due to the currency risks.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com