View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-05-2007, 01:06

CelTrek (which gives you a U.S. number) charges (for Costa Rica)19 cents incoming, 29 cents out to U.S. They also cover all Euro countries at varying rates - roughly the same price as other intl. cards if you factor in the cost to call the premium overseas numbers.
I believe I read here, recently, that one of those other intl. carriers now does cover CR, but can't find the post. If i recall, their rates were only about 10-15 cents more than CelTrek. Other intl. cards don't cover CR.
I assume you know CR does not have prepaid on their own system.

...mike

P.S. As DRN said, there is no "best" SIM.

Just found that United Mobile (+423) added CR. Incoming 25 cents (plus cost to call +423 cell) and $1.09 to call U.S.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Last edited by snidely; 18-05-2007 at 01:21..