Old
  (#24)
kctopitz (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-09-2008, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubrock View Post
I just got a reaction from 02:

"The various GPRS Call Data Records (CDRs) generated for each session are consolidated into a single daily total. The daily total is then rounded up or down to the nearest Kbyte, based on the following rules:

Daily usage: 0 to 512 bytes: total sent for pricing is rounded down to 0 Kbytes. Daily usage: 513 to 1024 Kbytes: total sent for pricing is rounded up to 1 Kbyte. So usage of less than 512 bytes in a day will not be priced. Usage of 0.5 to 1.5 Kbytes in a day will be rounded to 1 Kbyte. Usage of 1.5 to 2.5 Kbytes will be rounded to 2 Kbytes, etc."
I'm assuming this is O2 UK. For everyone's reference, they charge £3/Megabyte within the EU and £6/MB worldwide (O2 roaming page here). This translates to just under £.003 per KB within the EU and £.006 per KB elsewhere. The latter is just over Virgin UK's £.005/KB, though that extra £.001 may be worth it for those wanting greater international coverage. Either way, it sounds like this is the cheapest option for low usage data roaming in Europe.

I do think they should specify that their billing is per KB. My first look at that pricing implies that you get charged in 1MB chunks.