View Single Post
Old
  (#124)
italos (Offline)

Default 31-08-2010, 11:50

Just an update to this based on my experience.

1) Availablility is very very limited. ie ( they are out of stock ).
I was only able to get mine as I know someone who knows someone...

2) The 20 euro pack gives you 7 days to use the 1G. In order to upgrade to 30 days I had to pay an extra 10 euro. the OTE staff were unable to do this so I went to a Germanos store who were happy to help except when I paid the 10 euro in order to top up to 30 I found that it would only go as far as 28 euro. The missing 2 was due to tax.....

So I had to go back purchase another $5 top up to get me to $33 and then I was able to activate the 30 days usage...

Another screw up was that I orginally purchased the $10 top up from a periptero (newsagent) but that was o9nly vaild for mobiles not internet...

hmmmm.... the joys of doing things in a foreign country.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
An update on the previous posts. Cosmote has just announced its first prepaid plans for data connection on computer. The plans are quite more expensive than the similar plans of Wind and Vodafone but I post them here in case there is only 3G coverage of Cosmote on the place you will visit.

COSMOTE Internet On The Go with Card

They offer 3 plans, each with 1GB included volume, that differ on the connection time only. The 1-day plan costs 5€, the 7-day plan 10€, and the 30-day plan 30€. After 31 August 2010, they will cost 10, 14 and 50€, respectively.

You can get the SIM pack for 20€ or the Full Pack with 50€ (which includes USB modem) from any Cosmote or Germanos shop, activate and register the SIM and connect immediately. In case you need the connection settings for your own USB modem, the APN is "internet" and leave everything else blank.

More info in Greek here (after the middle of the page):
COSMOTE: /??? '????/COSMOTE Internet On The Go