View Single Post
Old
  (#125)
glhs509 (Offline)

Default 16-07-2009, 20:46

Well I just got back and either I have a glitchy SIM card or the service is not living up to my expectations.

eKit did not work well for me in: Czech Rep., Austria, Slovenia, and Croatia. I received a call back about 1 in 6 times in the Czech Rep....never in Austria/Slovenia and about 1 in 10 times in Croatia. I was too busy zipping through Slovakia, so I never bothered to check there. ALL incoming calls to the +44 number all went to voicemail (i.e. the phone never rang). Calls to the local +1 number came through fine (albeit with ~4sec lag in voice quality).

In one instance, I was asked for the PUK since it said I had incorrectly entered the PIN 3 times (which I hadn't). After turning the phone off/on it accepted my PIN fine. Unclear if this is carrier related since I attempted to manually search for networks when I was unable to place calls.

I'm going to have to pass on eKit...it's too bad since the rates were fairly reasonable. The headache with trying to make a simple call outweighs the decent rates.

-Ken