Old
  (#267)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 08-09-2013, 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
I actually hoped toggle could one day become my primary SIM
It's been my primary SIM for Europe for a few months now.

I think I'll even cancel the number I've had for the past 10+ years with another provider.

Now with the US numbers people can call us for free (many providers don't charge for calls to US) and we can receive the call on our mobile for free in more than 20 countries (+ 16 countries worldwide for free with a single 19p charge per call).

This is one of the top SIMs. The best SIM in Europe including local SIMs as far as I'm concerned (still missing the data bundles, but it's coming soon- Until then, put a local SIM for data in your dual-SIM phone).

Quote:
But given the absence of data packs for toggle countries,
Twitter post from August 23rd:

"Hi, we are working on it to be launched as soon as possible. We will keep you posted."

They were saying the same for the US numbers, and they are now available. So as far as I can see it is looking good.

Quote:
the recent clandestine drastic price increase
What price increase? There has been no price increase on my SIM and I am currently using my SIM daily in the Toggle countries. Even yesterday in France and today in Switzerland. I am always charged at 3p/min for local calls and 9p/min mobile.

Furthermore, the website is still showing these rates and there have been no posts regarding any price increases on their facebook/twitter pages.

I got the 15p/m SMS. As far as I can see it was an error. Perhaps someone should contact support to clear this up with them.

Quote:
and their continuing trouble with Vodafone, which some day could perhaps affect roaming service outside toggle countries, I will not commit myself to them.
Who said there was any trouble? And continuing?????

They changed the network to KPN in Denmark?. So what? If changing networks is what it takes for them to keep these low rates, then they could switch every week for all I care.

Quote:
It's a pity how toggle is failing to market this promising innovative platform properly. There's a huge market for cross-border SIM cards with competitive tariffs and the capability to assign extraterrestrial numbers but with such a track record of bazar-like pricing policy, unkept promises and unreliability they will never attract high-volume users, especially not those from the business sphere.
Yes this bazar is lycamobile. But so far Toggle has kept all their promises as far as I'm concerned:

1. End of 2012 they added more Toggle countries as promised.
  2. US numbers were coming: they are here.
  3. Data bundles: they are working on it to bring them asap.
  4. Call forwarding: they clearly say they don't support it.
So, given 1, 2 and 4 I think we can trust what they say. When they say they do it they do it. When they don't do it they clearly say that they don't.