Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#39)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-02-2013, 13:54

Mine arrived today, too.

With Internet Explorer 10 (Pre-Release version) I could neither log onto the website nor could I retrieve a new password. Seems like some JavaScript issue. Interestingly customer care advised me to use IE instead of Firefox, which actually worked.

After topping up £10 through PayPal my balance amounted to £11, so I obviously received a bonus for unknown reasons.

The first thing I did was obtaining a German number, which was assigend immediately. However I had to provide my (German) ID card's number - allegedly due to legal requirements (interestingly German providers do not require such) - which has a different format and less characters than those 44 required. I could overcome the problem by entering the last number of my ID (which is a checksum) in the last field and filling up all fields before with opened arrow brackets (<).

I noticed that Switzerland was listed as "Swiss" in the "Register Local Number" menu - a common mistake made by native German speakers due to the resemblance of the German name for Switzerland "Schweiz" with the adjective "Swiss".

Less than five minutes after ordering the German number an OTA update of the SIM card occured on my Nokia 1200 (which in contrast to most modern phones indicates OTA updates). Apparently this OTA updated added the German IMSI.

Now my SIM card has two IMSIs, which can be selected manually through the STK menu. As expected both IMSIs come from Lycamobile's virtual networks using the following MCC/MNC tupals:
234-26 "UK"
262-43 "Germany"

The USSD code *132# does only show my British number. This definitely needs some improvement so all numbers are listed.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com